Monday, October 8, 2012

niner

How 9 months have passed, I will never know!
·         ON THE MOVE!  You are crawling everywhere, pulling yourself up and in the walker, you are unstoppable!  Our house is nowhere, near baby-proof and Mommy isn’t ready for you to be walking yet!  You still army crawl… are you going to jump straight to walking??  You have mastered standing for about 8 seconds before a fall.  You giggle and beam with pride at that accomplishment!
·         First Daddy’s Birthday!  You gave Daddy hunting gear and KEEN shoes and lots of sloppy kisses.
·         Speaking of, you now give kisses when asked and your favorite thing is kissing Harper in the mirror.  You crawl over to the mirror in your room and are constantly kissing yourself.
·         High fives, waving and clapping.  You love to show off your talents.

·         Dancing and jumping.  When Mama asks, “How do you dance, Harper?,” you get your groove on!  You love to jump, especially holding someone’s hands or in your exersuacer.
·         WIGGLE WORM!  Changing diapers and your clothes is a race against your patience.  You cannot be contained and will not stand for it.
·         Oh child, testing Mama’s patience is, fearfully, in my future.  You’ve already begun to bite and giggle (child after my own heart) or touch something you are not supposed to.  Repeatedly.  Mama will tell you no and redirect you.  You look at me with those gorgeous, calculating eyes and rush yourself back to the hot plate.  Mama swatted your hand the other day and you laughed.  Then, the second swat was a bit more… you decided to tattle on me to Grandpa.  Unfortunately, he had no sympathy for you.  Testing boundaries.  You are your Mother and Father’s child.  Lord, give me patience and strength. 
·         “Yeah!” You respond and shake your head yes, to just about any question.  I LOVE this.  It’s adorable. 

I am so thankful for you, Harper Kendall.  I pray God gives us the wisdom to raise you right, to lead you well and the knowledge to allow you freedom to make mistakes and be yourself.  I pray we never judge you for who you are, but love you for who you choose to be.  I pray you choose to be the woman God has called you to be.  I know you are going to test boundaries, be bold in who you are and lead others.  You will love passionately and strongly, I can see that already.  You will be someone joyful and fun. I cannot wait to learn more about you and the person God created.  I learn patience and trust from you daily.  I will never father where the love I love you with comes from as it is fiercer than any love I have known and is more abundant than anything I can comprehend.  Be passionate, about something and anything love.  Don’t let life pass you by, live it.

I call you are healthy, whole, wise and happy. 

We believe:
You ARE smart.
You ARE beautiful.
You ARE important.
You ARE special.
You ARE the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment