Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sneak Peek!

Jeremy REALLY doesn't want me to post nursery pictures until it is complete. But I am SUPER excited about how our work turned out last night... I had needed to share something. So, here’s a sneak peek of what we worked on last night! I’m hoping tonight we make big progress again… it will help me feel much better about the weeks to come and the quickly approaching arrival of Petal! The crib needs to be put together, Lots to hang on the walls - pictures, shelves, embroidery hoops, book shelves, mobile and more! I can't wait to see everything come together.



Petal update:


She will not leave me alone stop kicking me stop moving! Which, I am very thankful for as that is an indication that Petal is her father’s child (by that I mean both the will not leave me alone and will not stop moving) healthy. We have almost 50 days until her arrival (OMG – I had a mini-panic attack just then!!) which, seems unreal! She is now larger than a large jicama, almost 17” long, 4 lbs and taking up most all of my middle section. I am She is gaining almost a pound a week (really, seriously? Is that necessary? Couldn't we have stretched that out a bit?). Petal has toenails, fingernails and hair (let’s hope – I didn’t have hair until I was two!!). She is finally beginning to “plump up” and look more baby-like, and less skeletal.




It makes me feel a bit crazy mother-like, but I’m starting to wish these days would last as long as possible. The idea of having her away from me for any period of time makes me get tears in my eyes. I’m jealous for her and she’s not even born yet. The thought of not knowing her whereabouts at any given moment, not knowing that she’s safely tucked away in my uterus care or that someone or something out there could harm her, makes me want to stuff a cork in “it” a crazy lady reach out to God to trust in Him and His protection for Petal’s life! But, the next moment I have a great desire to hold her in my arms instead of carry her any longer. I can’t wait to see her face, to what she looks like, to see and kiss her little hands and feet, to see her personality begin to take shape and learn the plans God has for her life. I can’t wait to see how much she will impact my life, Jeremy and our families... Then, I’m right back to keeping her inside of me, selfishly enjoying our interactions and her movements that only she and I experience… sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment