Sunday, April 1, 2012

Three Months!


· Visiting FIVE more hospitals at MUCH too young of age – Fairview Ridges, Fairview Southdale (where you were born), Regency Hospital and Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Institute at Abbott Northwestern Hospital since Papa had his stroke . And finally, spending three days in Children’s Hospital with RSV you caught from Hanky Panky being at Ridges or Southdale. Mommy returned to work, only to skip two days to lounge take care of you in the hospital. Mommy thinks you just wanted to keep Henry and Auntie Cari company so they weren’t lonely. At least we had a good view of Downtown, right? Mommy, Daddy and Auntie Cari were truly blessed by the Ronald McDonald House. It was a place of refuge and peace while we were in the hospital… it made our stay much easier and help since we were feeling bad about “ditching” Nana while Papa was in the hospital.


· You’ve learned to sing with Daddy and Mommy. You prefer Daddy’s voice, which makes Mommy wonder if you are tone deaf know you are Daddy’s girl!


· Laughing! You love to smile, but you also LOVE to laugh. It’s the CUTEST little sound. You’ve begun to enjoy being tickled or given strawberries on your nakey tummy.


· You are talking to your toys. Your favorite toys are the zebras on your swing’s mobile and tray. Daddy bought you a stuffed Zebra when he took you to Babies R Us because you love them so much. You’ve also begun to reach out to grab things. You like the birdy on your carseat. You enjoy hanging on to the foot, pulling and letting it retract back. The shakey feeling brings a smile to your face.


· The boob. You now recognize the boob (or a bottle) and get excited to eat! Daddy is teaching you sign language while he is home with you. Eat. Milk. More. Drink. and such… He is also attempting to teach you to hold your own bottle overachiever!


· Your first April Fool’s Day! We pranked Daddy with the good ‘ol rubberand around the sink faucet trick! He TOTALLY tried to play it off like nothing happened… but we were cracking up in the other room when we heard him get soaking wet! Next year will be even better!


·

Playing footsie with Jayden Fleig… Mommy and Ms. Rachel did plan an arranged marriage, but you have got to tone down that adorable flirty look you give him! You also are quite enamored with his dad, Jordan. Whenever Jordan is around you study his every move and word, because he’s quite animated. J

· Pooping through! Oh child of mine, how often you do this is ridiculous. You’re a lady, don’t you know?! Uncle Kyle held you during the past month while Daddy did dishes and you instantly pooped!


· Looking at yourself! You finally have found your face (and others) in the mirror. You smiled at yourself for the first time on Sunday, March 25. It was absolutely adorable.


· Peek-a-boo! You’ve started to giggle while playing peek-a-boo. For so long your response was a look of hesitancy or slight apprehension (I think due to either your face being covered, or Mommy/Daddy disappearing). Now, it’s turned into a look of excitement and anticipation!


· First day of “Day Care” with Auntie Cari and your cousins! Oh, child of mine… how this broke Mommy’s heart. I was sad to see you enjoy a wonderful (weather and life-wise) day with them, while I went to work. I might have shed a single tear(s). But, I am beyond thankful for a good, healthy place for you to grow and learn. Jackson and Emilie dote on you with entertainment, care and love. Poor Hanky, he might get a little neglected by his siblings when you’re around. Claire is ever the doting older cousin, informing anyone who is around exactly where you or Henry are at any time. Emilie has grown fond of reassuring you when you might cry or beg for attention, “It’s ok Harper. It’s because you’re an only child.” Ahem. Thank you, Cari.


· First St. Patty’s Day and you got dressed up fancy for it!


· First time wearing sunglasses, which you seemed slightly afraid of until Mommy put hers on and showed you + you didn’t like the sun in your eyes. Now, you’re a pro at them (unless you’re very tired).


· Frist time(s) outside without being completely suffocated covered by the Bundle Me, blankets or hats! (Daddy says Mommy over heats you… better than freezing you, right?) You had a two hour walk St. Patty’s weekend. You saw the trees! It was such a fun thing to see the world through your eyes… the trees, the wind, Sasha running, birds flying about and ducks landing on the pond. You take it all in.


· Napping with Mommy. You’ve begun to relish our lazy Sunday afternoon naps. Mommy adores this time with you too. You’d sleep for days if we are cuddled up together. I can’t even begin to express how much this makes my heart sing. I love your little hands wrapped around me, searching for me to reassure yourself that I’m still there. When you wake to find me lying beside you, your smile could fly a kite! It’s so overjoyed and full to appreciation. I appreciate you too, love.


· Hugging! Oh. My. Heart-melting-moment. You gave me your first true hug! You wrapped your arm around my neck the other night. You were getting sleepy and had finally laid you head upon my shoulder. The next thing I knew, your little hand came around my neck and held on tightly. Little Harper hugs, oh they make me happy.


· You are a running machine! You love to kick and rock those cute little legs for a long time! If you are lying on your changing table, chilling, lookin up at your mobile, you’ll begin this little dance with your arms and legs. You giggle and pump your legs up and down and up and down… it’s so fun. You get yourself all worn out and sleepy. You’ll see from your three month picture, you were dancing there… so much so, that you began to tip over!


· Frist time wearing legwarmers! Auntie Mandy bought you the cutest giraffe legwarmers, a la 1980!, and you wore them to church.



I am so thankful for you, Harper Kendall. You have rocked my world, turned it upside down and brought such joy to my life. I am proud to be your Mum. I only pray I can live up to what God requires for your upbringing. It is a joy to share you with Daddy, even if I get jealous miss you during the day while you hang out with him. I love him more for his compassion, care and adoration for you. I wish I could tell the whole world how amazing you are. You are happy, silly, smart and oh so beautiful. Thankfully, you’ve begun to look more like me. ;) hehe. I am excited to see you continue to learn and grow. I appreciate your zest for everything you do – whether it be playing, pooping or eating. Everything is done in earnest. It makes me appreciate the day-to-day so much more. I live to come home and be with you and Daddy. I enjoy our every moment together. I’m trying to remember to be “in the moment” and not take any second forgranted. You’ll be grownup before I know it. Time seems to disappear before our eyes yet hold on to your every movement. I wish I could bundle this time up with you to save it for later. I love you. To the moon and back. Always and forever. I call you are healthy, whole, wise and happy.



We believe:


You ARE smart.


You ARE beautiful.


You ARE important.


You ARE special.


You ARE the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment