Friday, March 30, 2012

What's in your diaper bag?

Bag: JJ Cole System 180 Diaper Bag

This bag is water resistant, so I can wipe it clean at any time. It also comes with stroller attachment straps, a pacifier pod and a changing pad. The changing pad is one of the amazing parts. You can toss in a diaper (or a few) with the wipes and take that to-go, or with you to a public restroom to change the baby instead of lugging your entire diaper bag. Let me brag about the stroller attachments – such a great space saving idea. It’s really great to hook your bag on (have access to it) and still have space in your basket below the baby to stash your mall purchases, err umm, your coat?


Change of Outfit(s) Harper is a pro at pooping through! Good poops doll, good poops! I usually carry at least two outfits in the diaper bags at all times. Let me tell you, I’ve used both (while being at the hospital with my dad) due to pooping through! One of my favorite outfits for her to wear is: Gap Kids Skinny Jeans and Ralph Lauren Pink Polo shirt because it’s oh-so-cute and she looks good in pink like her mama. Converse Chuck Taylor Crib Sneakers


Mommy Essentials I’ve found that slimming down from a large wallet to my Coach Mini-Skinny has saved me in switching from my purse for work to the diaper bag outside of work quick and easy. I can also grab my one and only makeup essential Clinique City Base Foundation #04 - and toss it in a side pocked of the diaper bag. Easy access and less is more when you’re carrying a baby, diaper bag, coffee, water, etc…!


Burp Cloth & Bib I’ve got a few adorable burp cloth and bib sets. They are perfect for keeping Harper clean whether she’s nursing or taking a bottle. Always have some with you just in case a spit up situation happens and you’ve used that last change of outfit!


Diapers & Wipes Target brand sensitive wipes are honestly pretty good! A wipes a wipe I say, but these are soft and clean up well. Diapers, I currently am working through our multi-size stock of Black Friday diapers, but I really like Pampers Swaddlers. I will definitely buy diapers on Black Friday again, because they were a STEAL!


Soothie pacifiers The one. The only. Soothie. Soothing it does! Harper doesn’t take a paci often, but for the first few months we’ve committed to using these so she doesn’t get nipple confusion.


Paci Pod Mine came with my diaper bag, but you can also purchase them from Target, Babies R Us, etc… This is wonderful to keep the paci clean and safe + you aren’t searching through the entire diaper bag to find the paci!


Burt's Bees Hand Sanitizer, chap stick, diaper rash cream… all of these are essentials for any parent. The hand sanitizer keeps your hands clean without drying them out. This diaper rash cream is soft and easily applied.


Gripe Water & Tri Vi Sol Vitamins Newborns aren’t so good at burping, pooping and pète (fart)… this works wonders in helping them learn those functions! We give Harper this once a day and she loooves it. Also, as a nursing mom, especially in Winter, Vitamin D is lacking for not only myself, but for Harper. My doctor suggested Tri Vi Sol multi vitamin for Harper. She likes the taste of Grip Water and doesn’t like the vitamin. But, she jokes it down quite well.


Munchkin Diaper Plastic Bag Dispenser Again, if your baby likes to poop through, these bags will save your diaper bag from becoming messy. Toss the soiled clothes into these bags to keep everything else from getting yucky. Or, if you happen to be somewhere you can’t throw a diaper away at easily, put your diaper in here to stow until you find proper garbage.


aden + anais swaddling blanket I can’t rant and rave enough about these blankets. They are thin enough your baby won’t become over heated, yet long enough to swaddle your newborn into a proper burrito. Plus, they wash up easily and hold their shape well.


Udder Cover nursing cover Love this compared to any I’ve seen! This cover has a wire/metal lining to help you keep covered, yet see your baby while their nursing)


Sophie the Giraffe teether Harper isn’t “teething” yet (thank God) but she has started to hold toys and really enjoys the Giraffe!


Avent Bottles Harper has taken to these really well and doesn’t get gassy. They are easy to clean and decently priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment