Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Weekly Update

How far along? 39 Weeks
Total weight gain: I plead the 5th – or, the fact that I haven’t gone to the doctor this week… we’ll see this afternoon! Can I take a “Christmas excuse” if I’ve gained a ton???
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? Nope. C’mon skin – you can do it!
Sleep: almost non-existent.
L Here’s the last few days: Christmas Eve 6-9:30 AM (due to Hank’s arrival), Christmas day, 11 PM-1:30 AM, 3-5:30, 6:30-8:15 AM, Dec 26 10:30 PM – 1 AM, 4:30- 6:15 AM… ugh!
Best moment this week: baby Henry “Hank” James’ arrival, December 25th at 4:01 AM. Another girlfriend telling me she’s pregnant!
J SO excited for her and her hubby. AND, another girlfriend stopped their birth control pill and are now trying for a baby! I wish they were closer to Petal’s age – or – lived closer. Maybe some day?
Miss Anything? Sleep… sigh
Movement: She’s trying to get out of there, I swear!
Food cravings: Sushi, frozen yogurt with fresh fruit, a really great surf ‘n turf meal!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I don’t know if it is the flu going around (I hope not!) or maybe imminent labor, but I’m super nauseous the past two days. Annoying.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: I’m dilated ?cm, the baby has dropped and I’m ?% effaced! I head back to the doctor this afternoon, so we’ll hear more then!
Symptoms: aches and pains, up half the night two nights ago with terrible cramps and random painful contractions. Sadly, it didn’t progress into anything more...
Belly Button in or out? Flat.
Wedding rings on or off? I actually took both off over the weekend while cleaning, then didn’t attempt to put either back on. I wore my emerald ring from Jeremy on Christmas since it was my Christmas gift last year...
Happy or Moody most of the time: tired of waiting mostly because I’ve been feeling so sick.
Looking forward to: Petal’s arrival. New Year’s Eve! This will be Jeremy and my 5th NYE together. Seems unreal. Looking back at all those years ago – how we connected on our first date – it seems like a lifetime ago, especially considering all we’ve gone through, learned, endured, grown and such… I’m thankful for where God has brought us to and where we are headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment