Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2 Centimeters - Life Changing

Two centimeters doesn't mean much in your life (especially in the States) ... until you're pregnant. 9 months pregnant. And waiting on baby to arrive. To hear you've progressed in a week, is always a lovely remark from your doctor. Let me tell you, at first - it doesn't seem like much, but then when you start to think - that's about an inch, an inch opening inside of me? Makes me want to cross my legs for fear that my water will break at any moment! How could it not?! Sitting 2 cm open below it, exposed, in a weakened state... (let's hope it does - just not in public).



How far along? 38 Weeks – just waiting on Petal to decide it’s the day!
Total weight gain: 25 lbs, PTL! Wish I could work out... a good, strong run sounds absolutely AMAZING right now!
Maternity clothes? Yes.

Stretch marks? My nurse said she doesn’t think I’ll get any on my stomach, at least. PTL. I <3 you vitamin E!
Sleep: restless, deep, restless, non-existent, restless, snoring? – I’ve had a stuffed nose this week which SUCKS and mostly, just missing.
Best moment this week: Enjoying having Aubrey and Jess here. She’s an adorable baby. Let me tell you, trying to hold a baby on your big belly – is not an easy task! Petal isn’t a huge fan of me holding other children as well… she begins to maul my insides should I hold a baby.


+ Having J re-rearrange the nursery back to what I originally had it designed as. It looks great. He even admitted that it looks best that way. Embroidery hoops are hung. J Almost set!


++Emilie finding her Christmas present under our tree... unwrapped! Staring at it in awe (it's a jewelry making kit) and adoration. Asking 1000 questions about it and whom it could possibly be for. Nonchalantly saying she wouldn't want it, at all, yet staring at it for another 20 minutes before I convinced her to wrap it (for Jeremy's sister, haha).
Miss Anything? Snowboarding. Snow for Christmas. A good night out on the town!
Movement:
I think she’s a dancer!

Food cravings: Sushi, frozen yogurt with fresh fruit (wishing we had a Pinkberry in MN!), rotisserie chicken salad and corn bread from Red Stone in EP. <= SAME.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at the moment!
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Dilated to 2+, 95% effaced, bleeding off and on, the random contraction, cramps pretty regularly… nothing too exciting quite yet.

Symptoms: OMG – I woke up Saturday morning to the MOST disgusting thing I’ve ever seen on my body. Sausage feet and kancles. YUCK. Sadly, I really – really hate to admit that, but it’s true.
L I wouldn’t let Jeremy look at them. They were SO bad, I almost cried and went back to bed. I really wanted to send them away, put them in time out or cut them off. … ugh. At least my toes weren’t swollen, right? Right?! C’mon Petal…
Belly Button in or out? Flat.
Wedding rings on or off? Band – on. Belly ring, still in.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Decent. I’ve been exhausted, so
Looking forward to: Christmas. Petal’s arrival. Spending more time with Jessi, and Aubrey’s before they leave Monday. Giving the gifts I bought to those I love. I love the giving part of Christmas. It fills me with joy... even the smallest of gifts I had to buy this year, it's still a joy to see



I'm a bit more dilated and effaced this week. Petal is completely dropped and ready for birth... so am I. I think...? One moment I'm like "Bring. It. On." Then next moment, I'm like - Oh $#!+! I've gotta, what?! Hopefully the moment I go into labor it's the former.


No comments:

Post a Comment