Monday, July 4, 2011

Bungee Jumping

I’ve never been sky diving. But I’ve been bungee jumping. They say these two activities provide similar emotions.


Excitement. Nerves. Fear. Joy.



The first part of the experience is all nerves and fear… with a tinge of excitement. The second half a high like no other. Excitement, joy and a rush of adrenaline that can’t be fabricated!
I don’t do drugs. Can’t compare bungee jumping to a drug high. Jeremy has been sky diving several times. He says it’s far better than anything you can put in your body.




Sharing the “bun in the oven news” feels similar. A bit of fear and nerves right before you share the news. Then once you’ve done so and people react (positively) it’s so exciting.



Like I said, pregnancy is a drug you want to share. You want to tell everyone you’re pregnant and not just fat. And then you want everyone to get pregnant with you. A drug. You share. C’mon let’s all do this together!



Here are a few of the reactions we’ve gotten so far:



-My co-worker almost spit her coffee everywhere in the midst of meeting then starting crying.


-Another co-worker started bawling and said this was the best news she’s heard in ages.


-One friend wouldn’t believe me for several hours. Told me to quit joking with them. Until I told her call my mum for verification.


-My boss said “Budget note for 2012 – maternity leave. Thank you Lindsay.” I’m glad I can help out.


-One girlfriend jumped up and down (she’s had the pregnancy drug and wanted to share) and was so, so excited. Made my night.


Direct Quotes:


-“Oh thank God! We had started to wonder if we did something wrong… since we hadn’t hung out with you guys much. It’s only because you’ve had morning sickness.”


-“That makes me feel so much better about trying for our own this Fall.”


-“I have to admit, I’m a bit jealous.” - to which of course I responded with, “Well, hurry up and get pregnant!!”


-“I’m going to grab Bob, have lots of sex tonight and try to get pregnant!” Name has been changed for privacy purposes.



And one of the top best reactions yet:


-“This is the best day ever. I’ve been waiting for this day my entire life.” ~ Cari Thunker. My sister has been begging for nephews or nieces for ages. And to add to our excitement, Cari and I are both pregnant due on the same day.



It’s been a joy to share in our excitement with our family and friends. We are so thankful for all of the great reactions and excitement you’ve shared with us. For several of our family members and close friends we either mailed or handed this poem to announce our pregnancy. The poem was enclosed in a diaper shaped envelope.



I have some precious news for you today,


a brand new baby's on the way!


My parents feel so very, very blessed,


boy or girl, I will let you guess!



My parents are full of joy and happy tears,


they cannot wait to meet their little dear.


To hold me snug and tight,


and rock me gently through the night.



I'm glad to share my arrival with you,


And share all my parents excitement, too,


For it is time to celebrate,


We can hardly wait!



In January, (insert new title – Great-Grandma, Auntie, Uncle, etc…), you will be


Between now and then, say lots of prayers for me


Get ready, for lots of love you must show


Right now, I need your patience while I grow.



Love, Baby M



Much like bungee jumping, once you’ve done it you don’t want to stop! Once we told those closest to us… I’ve wanted to just tell everyone else! But, we have a few more family members we haven’t seen who we need to share our baby news with.



No Facebook announcement has been made. Does that mean we are not “officially” pregnant then?? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment